Obelisk in COMPOSITE FROM AN EXISTING OBELISK, gilded with a military trophy and a lion's head, surmounted by a royal crown with passementerie (small lack), inscribed: "To the glory of Marshal de Saxe 1745", on a porphyry base; a later typed document inscribed: "Model executed for Marshal de Saxe to celebrate the battle of Fontenoy. Exists in the Protestant temple in Strasbourg.
Second half of the 18th century
H : 33,5 cm
An obelisk is also found in the center of the composition of the mausoleum of the Marshal of Saxony in the Saint-Thomas temple in Strasbourg.